Here are some interesting facts about Buddhism:
1) Buddhists go to temple, not at a special time or day, but when they can.
2) It is commom for Buddhists to go on a full moon day.
3) A Buddhist temple is called Vihara and is a place for education. In a temple, you will find a shrine room with a large Buddha and statues of his disciples.You will also find relics and manuscripts. There is also a lecture room, meditation room and a library.
4) Shoes are removed before entering a temple for respect for Buddha.
5) Buddha is known as a teacher not a god.
6) Candles and incense sticks are lit and Buddhists recite verses in the Vihara.
7) Flowers and food are placed on the front of the Buddhist Statue. The flowers are to remind the person that they will not live forever.
8) The food is given to the Monks since they own nothing of their own and Buddhists feel that giving food will help them reach Nirvana
9) The following principles are said to help Buddhists to act well: 1. Not to hurt living things, 2. Do not take avantage of what is not there, 3. Use senses correctly, 4. Speak kindly, and, 5. Do not take or use drugs or alcohol.